1. Personal Data Protection & Privacy
1. Web Site Data Protection
1.1 What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
1.4 Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
1.4 Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
2. Recruitment Candidate Data Projection
Omnitek only collects, processes and stores personal information about you as part of our candidate application and recruitment process for an advertised job role.
We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, assessment, pre-employment screening, and your worker permissions. This document sets out:
- Why we collect your personal information;
- What information is collected and;
- How it is processed within the recruitment process.
2.2 Why do we collect your personal information?
To manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application - CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, age (if given), nationality and educational attainment;
- Interview (face to face, telephone or video), behavioural assessments (such as a presentation), technical assessments;
- Pre-employment screening – job references
2.3 What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Remuneration; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Employer feedback / references;
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Interview assessment results
During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centres, to prepare for starting at Omnitek (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to our recruitment process.
2.4 Who do we share your personal information with?
Omnitek will need to share your personal information internally. The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills, strengths, behaviors for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the screening process should your application be successful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process. Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
Omnitek may also need to share your information with certain external third parties including:
- Companies who provide candidate interview and assessment services to Omnitek;
- Academic institutions d (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided
- Other third-party suppliers (or potential suppliers), who provide services on our behalf.
2.5 How do we protect your information?
Our HR and Recruitment systems are protected to ensure that unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal information, accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information does not occur. This is done in accordance with Omnitek Data Protection Policy.
Omnitek also requires its third-party suppliers or recipients of personal information to guarantee the same level of protection as provided Omnitek. Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our Recruitment Procedures (which means that we may hold some information until the advertised role is filled).
2.6 Your Rights
You are entitled to see the information that Omnitek holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that Omnitek shouldn’t be processing that information, is processing it incorrectly.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com in the first instance.
It is your responsibility to keep your personal information up to date so that accurate application records can be maintained. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any amendments.
2.7 Processing Conditions
Omnitek’s entitlement to process your personal information is governed by a number of processing conditions. This means that we may rely on more than one of these conditions in order to process elements of your personal information throughout the recruitment process.
- Omnitek will process your personal information in the administration of your application.
- Omnitek will also process your personal information where it is required by law or regulation or it is in the legitimate interests of the applicant or Omnitek. This processing will always be fair and lawful and will at all times comply with the principles of applicable privacy laws in the country where you have applied to be employed.
- During the course of your application it may also be necessary for Omnitek or its suppliers to process your sensitive personal information as per the detail in section 2.3 (What personal information might we process?)
3. Mail Shot Data Protection
Omnitek stores customer contact information for the purposes of sales and marketing of products and services. This information has been obtained through Contact subscription and exhibition lead gathering. The information consists of:
- Email Address
- Company you represent)
- Information Preference (IP / Consultancy, T&M Products and General Information)
3.2 Trade Show Lead Gathering
Omnitek attend a number of trade shows as exhibitors and use the paid-for lead retrieval systems offered by the exhibition organisers. It is assumed that any leads captured after 25th May 2018 will have the explicit agreement of the Contact.
Information gathered at tradeshows is used to contact those people (Contacts) who visited the Omnitek stand and agreed to have their exhibition passes scanned by the lead retrieval system.
The information passed from the lead retrieval system to Omnitek’s mail shot database are the Contact’s name, email address and marketing preferences (IP / Consultancy, T&M Products and General Information).
Omnitek believes that it has a legitimate interest in the Information gathered from historic trade show lead gathering, unless the Contacts explicitly un-subscribe from mail shots after May 25th 2018.
Web Site Users may unsubscribe from the mail shot database at any time by using the following page:
Mail shot Contacts may unsubscribe from the mail shot database by using the Unsubscribe link on any previous mail shot.
3.3 Mail Shots
Mail shots are sent to Contacts who have opted-in (via www.omnitek.tv/subscribe page) to receive information categorised by their marketing preferences (IP / Consultancy, T&M Products and General Information).
The mail shot data base is held by Sending Blue and its security has been assessed with regards to:
- User log in security measures (website padlock, password strength, data breach detection / prevention / reporting, etc)
- Data backup measures
- Service Level Agreement
3.4 Information access
Personal Information access to the mail shot database is not directly accessible to the Contact, but they can unsubscribe at any time using the Unsubscribe link on any of the previous mail shots.
3.5 Objection to Processing
Omnitek extracts specific personal information obtained from exhibition lead gathering. The information extracted is added to the mail shot database. Country-sorted leads are forwarded to Omnitek’s dealers in those countries. Contacts can object to processing by not agreeing to lead gathering at trade shows.
3.6 Objection to automated decision-making and profiling
Omnitek does not perform automated decision-making or profiling activities on personal information obtained from exhibition lead gathering.
3.7 Restriction of Processing
Omnitek extracts specific personal information obtained from exhibition lead gathering. The information extracted is added to the mail shot data base.
3.8 Data portability
Omnitek extracts specific personal information obtained from exhibition lead gathering. The information extracted is added to the mail shot data base. Country-sorted leads are forwarded to Omnitek’s dealers in those countries.
3.9 Data rectification
Personal Information access to the mail shot database is not directly accessible to the Contact, but they can unsubscribe at any time using the link on any of the previous mail shots. Contacts can subscribe again entering their new personal information at
3.10 Data erasure
Contacts on the mail shot database can unsubscribe at any time using the link on any of the previous mail shots. The process of unsubscribing will erase all personal information held on the mail shot data